‘To protect and share, in perpetuity our unique natural, built, cultural, social & family heritage, and in doing so, cherish people who think differently, cultivate open, kind and curious minds, and celebrate differences.’
Leslie Foundation Objectives
- To preserve and promote through education and participation, all aspects of culture, environment and heritage within the Castle Leslie Estate and the surrounding areas of Monaghan, Armagh and Tyrone, with a particular emphasis on the Great Estates, Estate Villages and historic buildings for the benefit of all the community.
- To achieve world-class standards in terms of conservation, maintenance and management and public presentation of properties and material of significant cultural, environmental or heritage value and also in terms of their accessibility for public enjoyment and appreciation.
- To provide access to cultural, environmental or heritage assets through a range of initiatives and mechanisms including but not limited to public entry to a property, performance, exhibitions or events.
- To foster and encourage through education, advocacy and volunteerism, the widest possible public appreciation and enjoyment of the region’s culture, environment and heritage in respect for their significance in understanding the diversity of the region’s history and its culture and artistic inheritance.
- To develop, promote or deliver cultural, environmental and heritage initiatives that contribute to social or economic regeneration in urban or rural areas.
- To assist other persons, bodies or state agencies in the proper conservation, maintenance, management and pubic presentation of properties and material of significant cultural value to the area.
- To develop, promote or deliver initiatives that contribute to good relations within the border region.
- To develop and implement commercial strategies to maximise income in order to supplement fundraising and income generation from other sources; these strategies are to be implemented in a manner that does not compromise or undermine the heritage or community value.
- To secure intendments and other income to conserve, maintain, manage and provide facilities at and present for public enjoyment and appreciation of cultural, environmental or heritage assets, and to provide public access to them.
- To encourage members and other persons, including local communities concerned with properties, projects and initiatives of the company to devote their time and skills voluntarily to the company.
- To work closely with bodies in Ireland, Northern Ireland and internationally concerned in a way with the culture, environment and heritage, including but not limited to non-environmental governmental organisations, tourism organisations development authorities and state and local government authorities in order to promote the importance of, for the Irish economy in terms of tourism, regional development and job creation.
- The publication of books, treaties, pamphlets and magazines, on the history of the Castle Leslie estate and the surrounding area.
- To sponsor, establish, arrange or conduct conferences, seminars or summer schools for the purpose of promoting the objectives.